

They cried, "Draw! Draw! Draw!" I could be mistaken. It was loud, dark, and I was inhaling magic marker fumes for most of the evening. The evening I'm referring to was on May 30, 2009. My friends at Beer Encounters (an organization dedicated to celebrating the wonderful world of fine, craft beer) threw an 80's-themed party at a swanky hotel in Nashua, NH. My cousin Matt and his friend Mike, two of the founding members of Beer Encounters, hired me once again to do caricatures. I had a blast sketching the people at the party who were all decked out in their 80's threads. There were many Don Johnson aka Sonny Crockett wannabes from his Miami Vice days, the guys from the band Devo, and tons of big hair on both the girls and some of the guys!Cousin Matt and his girlfriend are pictured in the first caricature/photo combo. A couple of delightful, female friends are next. Matt's roommate dressed as rapper Run DMC is third and the frightening heavy metal dude believe it or not is me under that black wig and heavy eye make-up. That stuff took forever to remove. Never again! I was supposed to be Nikki Sixx, bassist for Motley Crue from their Dr. Feelgood days. I've included a photo of how I typically look for those of you who have never seen me. I wouldn't want your only impression of me to be the photo on the left!
Even though I was technically working, I was still able to soak up the atmosphere, dance to some 80's tunes courtesy of DJ Matty Z (cousin Matt), and hope to brink my sketch pad and markers to Beer Encounters Halloween party in the Fall!
1 comment:
I'm impressed you could see through all that eyeliner. And where's the caricature of you, Dr Feelgood? Sounds like an awesome gig! Maybe I'll make the Halloween beer bash..
Post a Comment