Sunday, April 1, 2007

Final Rec. Dept. Cover

After all the blood, sweat, and fears we arrive at the final, Portsmouth Recreation Department program cover. Hopefully one has gained some insight into the trial and error process that is illustration (or any creative endeavor for that matter.) I'm pleased with this illustration overall. These may just be some of my best attempts at cartooning the human figure. There's always room for improvement though, so stay tuned for more peeks into my process as I continue to hone my skills.

2 comments:

CraZeeInFL said...

Hi John:

Excellent! The final cover is so vibrant, I am sure the recreation department will be pleased. It was so interesting to watch the characters develop and be part of the creative process.

Another success by New Hampshire's master illustrator!

I can't wait to see more. Keep up the great work.

Love from FL Linda

Jane Watson said...

John,

Dad said I really should check out your blog because you have added a lot more stuff.

Your rec cover is really a work of art and the facial expressions is the first thing I look at and yours are the best.

Love,
Mom