Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Creature Climbing

Betcha thought I was gone for good? No such luck. Just busy and a bit behind in my blog-posting responsibilities. This is a work-in-progress. Another spontaneous piece that popped out of my head onto the paper without much of a plan in mind or any preliminary sketching. Kind of like walking a tightrope without a net or bungee jumping but with less of a chance of permanent peril. I think it's some sort of creature climbing a mountain. Unfortunately, a lot of the detail gets lost at this lower, web resolution. It looks so much cooler in person (I'm not just saying that!)

Once again, I inked this entirely with one of those special, felt-tipped markers that has a brush tip instead of your more conventional straight/rounded off tip. This has been fun and I look forward to completing the inking phase soon. I may just leave it black and white, but it might be cool to color it in the computer as well. We'll see what my monster muse tells me to do...

3 comments:

Robert Squier said...

That's a great beast! Original combination of horns, teeth, eyes, hair and freaky finger nails. Spontaneity is your friend. The clouds are also cool.

Lets see it finished and in color!

Mrs. Chili said...

Wowie. That's a lotta teeth!

John B. Watson said...

The better to bite you with Mrs. Chili--look out!