Don't worry, I know how to spell the word "wreck." The caption for this post is just an attempt to be somewhat witty since this illustration is the Fall/Winter/Spring program cover for the Portsmouth Recreation Department and let's face it, many of us (myself included,) feel a bit anxious around the holidays. Due to time constraints and in order to streamline things, I decided to focus on the three major holidays featured in this program. By having Santa skiing, it saved me from having to draw a second person skiing. Ditto for the Easter Bunny shooting hoops, etc. The whole kill two birds with one stone concept.My two primary goals with this illustration were to improve my inking style (more variation and "personality" to the line) and create more distinctive character designs. I like all of the characters on this cover, but the witch and cat are definitely my favorites.
1 comment:
The witch and cat are also my favorites. The character design is fun and I love the details (her glasses, shoes and hat).
Post a Comment