Well, after about a week and several long days, all-nighters, and watching a few sunrises through bleary eyes, it's finally done (unless I tweak it a bit more, which I may do...) I'm pretty pleased with the result and the client was very enthusiastic about it as well. Compared to the last cover I did, this one features more challenging poses, more realistic characters, and a more dynamic, inking style. I'm looking forward to applying what I learned on this project and pushing things even more on my next piece. Thanks for checking out this latest project and feel free to leave a comment or two (hint, hint.)
2 comments:
John, this one is my favorite after the one with the lobster.
Great job!
The ink work looks more confident and spontaneous than previous illustrations (even if it's not!). The result is more appealing overall. The characters are a step in a different direction, less "cartoony" and a more stylized realism. The poses are interesting due to foreshortening and overlapping body parts.
Next time I'd like to see a more cohesive layout. Each character is well composed but how they come together feels arbitrary. Though the bottom skier and soccer player merge nicely.
Good work – keep it up!!!
Post a Comment