Thursday, February 21, 2008

Heads Up!

I was inspired to sketch some heads today after seeing the cool ones my friend had posted on his blog. Often sketching is a trial and error process, but today I felt like I was "in the zone." These came quickly and I made very few changes. I based the heads on simple shapes and tried to vary the gender, ages, and expressions. I also played a little with a few different styles. Next time I'll post a bunch of necks (not really;)

3 comments:

Robert Squier said...

Deja vu! I think I may know the illustrator that inspired these head cases. They're great! I like the variety of head shape, expression and age -- it's a rich collection of characters. The heads in the top row are my favs! Salvador Dali lives!

Mrs. Chili said...

The bottom middle reminds me of a drag queen I used to know. I like the kid with the bubble!

Mrs. Chili said...

Now that I think of it, I think I had the guy in the top middle as a teacher at some point!