Friday, February 15, 2008

Illustration Friday: Theory

Here is yet another submission for a "competition" held by Illustration Friday. This self portrait shows me pondering what may have led to the dinosaurs extinction. This illustration was painted in acrylics with just a dash of colored pencil. To see the original pencil version, go to the homepage on my website and put your mouse's cursor over my self portrait (try it, it's fun!:)

17 comments:

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Wow, impressive work! Did you know that Blue Whales are twice the size of the largest dinosaur? And they still roam the planet.

Fourborne said...

This so admiring. My husband saw it also and thought it was great.

Alice said...

Nice Darth, excellent finger posture and woo! for being left-handed :o)

http://www.alicecarroll.net/blog/

trowbridge chronicles said...

I like the way you combine humorous illustration with realism.

Faruffa said...

Excellent Illustration and idea

froggie is... said...

hye, that WAS fun! :)

yeoow...your pencils are superb. you must have considerable confidence in the piece and its outcome with penciling like that. great work!

emilayusof said...

Wow, great work, John!

eyecontact said...

Lefties unite! Great work. Your style is distinctive, delightful.

elizabeth said...

Nice work. Love the manic concentration!

Robert Squier said...

Intense self portrait of you looking intense. I like the exaggerated features and saturated color. That stegosaurus in the foreground looks familiar - I think I own one just like it! Good work!

Eunice Rosado said...

I'm Portuguese and my english is bad.

In this illo I just can not express my self to say what I want...
SO... Is just great! ;)

Unknown said...

This is amazing! The expression is just priceless! :)

FAVREAU said...

Great image! :O)

Anonymous said...

Faboo expression and perspective, John!! Just an awesome illustration! Thanks so much for your lovely comment and visiting my blog!

a : )

Josh (musarter) said...

Really great illo all around. I really like the details of the background. The expression is also awesome.

Steve Morrison said...

Great piece

Richard Cardona said...

very nice work. Love the expression on your face.