I was naive enough to think I could create a personalized header to replace the generic one I've been using all this time (just lame text.) What I thought was going to take an hour max, ended up taking close to two days! Not sure what happened. I already had the coffee nerds from an old project I did for a bagel shop. It ended up being all the minor details; choosing the perfect font, colors, spacing, composition, wording of text, color saturation, etc.The new illustrated element is the cloudy skies. The actual watercolor painting looks nothing like what you see on this blog. The painting depicts an overcast sky with grey clouds. It looks dreary and foreboding. Not the look I was going for. All hail the great and powerful Photoshop! Using one of the nifty filters, I was able to turn my sad clouds into the happy, white, fluffy kind I had originally envisioned.
The header that accompanies this post was my first attempt. While I liked it at first b/c it was fun, bright and funny, my friend pointed out that it was also too busy, messy and distracted the viewer from the real content of the blog. Not good! You know, I hate it when my friend is right (not really.) I was grateful for his observations and advice. I just hope he knows he created a header headache in the process!
4 comments:
What FUN!
I chose to use the image from my avatar (an iris petal) for my header. I have absolutely ZERO talent for this sort of thing, and I admire those of you who do!
Thanks for the compliments Mrs. Chili. Have a great Easter!
Yay! No more boring default Blogger header! Sorry I caused you a header headache! The cloud background looks great and it's easier to appreciate the individual characteristics of the nerds when there are fewer of them.
All true Robert. Your sage advice saved my bacon bits on this one. Thanks!
Post a Comment