Oh boy, don't get me started! There's the main peeve in this illustration which is creepy, crusty, used-car-salesmen-types hitting (preying) on women their daughters' ages and then there are the sub-peeves: smoking in bars and restaurants (but not in New Hampshire anymore--woo-hoo!) and while I feel sorry for the lady being subjected to the crusty creep, she's so packed full of collagen, silicone and insecurity, that I don't feel that sorry. What's with the skate punk dude at the far end of the bar? Well, I'd like to think he is disgusted by the other two walking stereotypes but sadly, I think he's a bit jealous that he's being completely ignored by both of them, especially the blond.A few more minor peeves: What's with that bar? It's got really sharp corners--some body's really going to hurt themselves! And where the heck is the bar tender? Where are those drinks coming from? The drink fairy?! Lastly, who is the lame interior designer? Talk about minimalistic decor? No seats, tables, TVs, dance floor? They could have at least hung one picture on the wall! I certainly wouldn't hire that person to "decorate" anything of mine.
Viewers with razor-sharp perception will notice the symbols for male and female "hidden" in the creepy guy's mouth and tie and the Pamela Anderson clone's earring. If you spotted them,
expect to receive a box of fresh New Hampshire air in about 6-8 decades. This piece was painstakingly created in colored pencil. A special French paper (Coquille board) gives it the unique texture. Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate!
5 comments:
wow, quite a lot going on here, it's crackling with tension. Amazing pencil work and quirky style.
Picasso lives! The overall illustration is great and details are divine. Love the tension between two dimensional and three dimensional space. I could look at the creepy's guy jacket all day - the shapes and colors are beautiful. Impressive work!
Thanks pal (Robert.) You even helped sell the illusion that this was created just yesterday and not eons ago (doh! I just ratted MYSELF out. I'm such a tool...)
Great illo. So much details. I love the geometric shapes. Colours are stunning. Those two guys look creepy. :) Great take on the subject
A great scene and fantastic use of coloured pencils.
Post a Comment