This illustration was commissioned by a friend for his neighbor in Ireland as a Christmas present. The donkey belongs to my friend's neighbor and that's his neighbor's house and farm in the background as well. The man's pet pony is by the donkey's side in the original illustration, but I wasn't entirely thrilled with how he came out, so I essentially erased him in Photoshop. It's not that the pony was horrible, it's just that he's facing head-on and he's all black so it was a bit tricky pulling him off. I did the best I could with the photo reference provided. I just prefer this version better. I guess you could say this version is a horse of a different color. I know, that was bad...
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Shake That Donkey Like You Just Don't Care!
This illustration was commissioned by a friend for his neighbor in Ireland as a Christmas present. The donkey belongs to my friend's neighbor and that's his neighbor's house and farm in the background as well. The man's pet pony is by the donkey's side in the original illustration, but I wasn't entirely thrilled with how he came out, so I essentially erased him in Photoshop. It's not that the pony was horrible, it's just that he's facing head-on and he's all black so it was a bit tricky pulling him off. I did the best I could with the photo reference provided. I just prefer this version better. I guess you could say this version is a horse of a different color. I know, that was bad...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We got the original in the mail in great shape (nice packing job). The guy who owns the farm and animals was blown away. You captured their expressions perfectly!!! Job well done. He really loved your ass (and pony!)
-DanO
Cool! Thanks Dan for the update and relaying your friend's impressions of my work. Glad he was pleased with the job I did. Irishmen DO know their asses, so I'll take his word for it that my illustrated one (and pony) is especially fine--ha,ha!
Post a Comment