Monday, November 24, 2008

Rec. Cover Rex Pencil & Ink Comparison

Here is the pencil sketch that I posted previously, along with the inked version. Perceptive viewers will notice many changes; some obvious, others more subtle. One of the more obvious changes is that I lowered the T-rex's tail, changed the tennis racket design and made it clearer that the tail is holding the racket. I'll leave it up to you to spot the subtle changes. Hopefully the changes I made are improvements. Now it's on to drawing the other 5 dinosaurs and coloring the T-rex.

3 comments:

David said...

I like what you did with the composition. You moved the racquet to give it more depth. Nice.

John B. Watson said...

Thanks Cuz. Looking forward to seeing you and Emily on Thanksgiving. We are going to feast like there's no tomorrow! Is thirds on pie too much?

Robert Squier said...

Looking good–the broken tooth is a nice addition. I miss some of the details in the sketch (the ribbing on the brow and toes). Also, I know you're a big fan of varied line weight--the bottom edge of the tail (and legs) scream out for a beefier line.

Look forward to seeing the Triceratops!